LIFETIME TOOL® SOLUTIONS
1. What problem is shown here, and what is the Lifetime Tool® Solution?
Problem: This 2” cast iron pipe has a lead pipe flashing covering it.
Solution: Remove the lead flashing, and install a 3” EASYSleeve® (cut to desired length) over the cast iron pipe, and finish your install with a 3” Ultimate Pipe Flashing® for shingle roofs.
2. After installing a Lifetime Tool® Ultimate Pipe Flashing® 300 on this 3” PVC pipe, the contractor noticed a gap near the boot.
Problem: After installing a Lifetime Tool® Ultimate Pipe Flashing® 300 on this 3” PVC pipe, the contractor noticed a gap near the boot. Why would this gap be present?
Solution: The Ultimate Pipe Flashing® is size specific for schedule 40 pipe. Because the pipe shown is a 3” radon pipe (schedule 30), a Lifetime Tool® 30/40 adapter should have been used which retrofits the schedule 30 to schedule 40 PVC, and then the Ultimate Pipe Flashing® 300 could have been installed properly with no gaps.
3. What problem needs solving here, and what is the Lifetime Tool® solution?
Problem: This 4” cast iron pipe has a lead pipe flashing covering it.
Solution: For 3" or 4" cast iron pipe replacement, you must use EASYFit™ from Lifetime Tool®. Finish the installation with The Ultimate Pipe Flashing®.
EASYFit™ Installation Instructions:
- Cut cast iron pipe flush with the frontal roof decking or sheathing.
- Use a reciprocating saw with a specialty cast iron cutting blade (available from your local building material supplier).
- Oil blade frequently while cutting at low RPM (go slowly).
- Cut EASYFit™ to desired length.
- Apply a fat bead of urethane caulk for added seal and/or uneven cuts. Press EASYFit™ into cast iron pipe.
- Insert no glue compression cap until seated. Tap if necessary.
- Finish your install with a 4” Ultimate Pipe Flashing® for shingle roofs.